The Date

I called up Aai and asked her if she wanted to meet me in the evening.
"We could meet at the coffee shop", i hesitantly said.
I was not sure if she would agree.

I smiled as I heard her ask my papa in a muffled tone, "She wants us to meet her for coffee, shall we go ?". I found it really sweet. They both agreed and we decided to meet for coffee after work.

As i headed back to work, my heart was filled with the anticipation of meeting my parents.
Its not like we never went out together. We stay together, we meet single everyday.
But today was different. Today I was taking them out for coffee.
Something I have never done in the past 28 years of my life.

In that excitement, I left office early, but the traffic delayed me a bit.
Finding a parking lot was another problem. We met at a coffee shop near my house.

As we settled down, Aai began telling what she did all day. "Aaj hey kela, asa zhala, tasa zhala...", she went on. Papa asked my what my day had been like and we got chatting.
Papa and me ordered cold coffee, while Aai ordered some hot coffee.
We sat there for some more time sipping coffee and enjoying the cool breeze.

As i took the last sip of my coffee, i thought to myself. This was fun.
I should be doing this more. Spending more time with family.

With the taste of the refreshing coffee and those moments still lingering in my mind,
we headed home.

Comments

  1. This was real good idea..we are always engaged with friends, parties in our college days or work days. We hardly think of taking our parents out. That was very sweet of you. you are lucky that you can do that.

    The day i realised i should have done the same for my parents i had already lost my dad. Its really good that u are spending the precious time with ur family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikhil,

    I was sooo busy living my dreams, that i never had time for my parents. I guess i was being plain selfish.

    Sorry to hear about ur dad...Even i had to pay a price to realize this.
    The day i lost my dog willy, there was one thing i realized,
    life is too short to keep pushing things for tomorrow. Coz there may not be a tomorrow.

    Suddenly there was so many things i wanted to do for my family, so many places i wanted to take them, so many things i wanted to tell them, so many things i wanted to share with them.

    I hope life gives me a chance, to do the things i plan to do for my family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts