The girl with beautiful brown eyes

I don’t really remember the first time I spoke to her. We exchanged smiles, but very formally. I faintly remember our conversations. Most of them never lasted for more then 5 min. My first impression of her was she looked shy and reserved.

She had beautiful brown eyes and her neatly done eyebrows seemed like they had been drawn on a picture. Her beautiful long hair was usually braided, and swayed every time she would walk. She spoke little and I never really saw her loiter at anyone’s desk for a long time. Even after lunch she would get back to work immediately. She had joined office just 3 months earlier to me, probably the reason why she was so alienated from the rest of the gang.
I was new here and had not made any friends either.

After almost 3 months the two of us were assigned to a project. We started having more interactions but most of them were usually technical. The project required us to often work late and I guess both of us did not seem to mind it. I am not a morning person and my mind works best in the evening. And it seemed to be the case for both of us. She used to take the bus back home and sometimes when it would get really late, I used to wait with her at the bus stop till her bus arrived. She was extremely intelligent and it reflected in her work. Often times she helped me solve my technical queries. However silly they were.

Days turned into months and project after project, we worked together. With time, the awkwardness of the relationship had melted away and was replaced with respect and admiration for the other. We would often consult each other with our technical queries and decisions.
She always had so much to teach, and I had so much to learn from her. She taught me write DB queries, Sql jobs, simplify my programs and much more. We had equal responsibilities in the project. Be it our tasks, project successes, project failures, client appreciation, we shared it all. “Its not my job” or “I won't do it” was a statement I never heard from either of us. Often we sacrificed our Sundays, and went that extra mile to make our project a success.

Every time I asked for her help, she lent me a helping hand.
Every time I wanted to learn something new, she was there to teach me.
Every time I felt like giving up she was there, to encourage me.
Every time we failed, she was there to share the responsibility.
Every time we succeeded, she was there to celebrate the moment.

After 2 years 6 months and God know how many days, she is still there.

I had once heard someone say “Kisi ki tareef usnke samne naki karni chahiye” (You should not praise someone in their presence).
I disagree.
This is my way of thanking her and letting her know I am where I am because she was with me all this while.

Thank you Anu. Thank you for everything. This journey would not have been the same without you.

Comments

  1. Ohhhhhhhh so thats the reason why we are not among ur best friend. Prajs friendship is all about sharing. good to know u have alteast 1 best friend to share u emotions, grief & happiness.... May god bless ur friendship & last longer forever ...
    sad to know that i may not be able to become ur best friend as not upto ur expectations....i may or may not be, but u r one of my best friend.
    .
    Friends are like walls sometimes you lean on them and sometimes it is just enough to know ther re there.
    Though miles may lie between us we are never far apart, for friendship never count in miles its measured by the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Suresh aka Victor : Gappa bais. Stop pestering me with that "best-friend" stuff.. mar khashil. U already know that u are amongst my good friends.
    This post was dedicated to Anu. Tya badal kahi comment nahich kelas.. ithar goshti kadhun bhandat baslas. bawlat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its very late to post a reply, Sorry.

    baap re baap, kya likhati ho aap :)
    I am not that much great, which appears to be from your article.
    Anyways, thanks.
    I will say the same, that Salus wont be the same without you. I did several mistakes (silly) and you corrected them without saying a word (that way I am not a good programmer).

    Thanks for all the celebrations, events organised in Salus, which we all enjoyed a lot, and got bonded together. Credit goes to you.

    There is a saying "Knowlegde grows when its shared". I just follow it. I think you too.
    And we beleived it more and more when we think of Raj Sir. He is always ready to spend hours n hours sharing the knowledge he has.

    Thanks for all your support/admiration through all these 3 years and 6 months.
    Sorry, if I have ever interfered in your personal matters and if you didnt like it, though the relation has became more casual now than earlier.

    Wish you all the very best for your future life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts