Missing my brothers on Raksha Bandhan
Festivals have lost their spirit with time, i feel. With life getting busier and our schedules hardly have time to fit in for friends and family. Life was some much fun when we were all younger.
Every year on rakhi, we would go to my Mama's place and have a day full of fun with my brothers and my family. We were very little then, to truly understand the meaning of tying the holy thread on my brothers wrist, so that he would promise to shelter me from all the troubles and problems. But there was one thing i knew, festivals were meant for the family to be together and share quality time in each others company.
However, For the past couple of years, both of us have been busy and working and sometimes have not been able to meet on rakhi. Although, I've been sending rakhi to my brothers, either by post or email, I miss not able to tie the rakhi myself. I just want to say that, my brothers Sumeetdada and Supudada mean a lot to me, and i miss them very much.
Every year on rakhi, we would go to my Mama's place and have a day full of fun with my brothers and my family. We were very little then, to truly understand the meaning of tying the holy thread on my brothers wrist, so that he would promise to shelter me from all the troubles and problems. But there was one thing i knew, festivals were meant for the family to be together and share quality time in each others company.
However, For the past couple of years, both of us have been busy and working and sometimes have not been able to meet on rakhi. Although, I've been sending rakhi to my brothers, either by post or email, I miss not able to tie the rakhi myself. I just want to say that, my brothers Sumeetdada and Supudada mean a lot to me, and i miss them very much.


Comments
Post a Comment